Free Robots.txt Generator and Validator
Tool Details and User Instructions
Create a robots.txt file for your website with our best robots.txt generator tool. This robots.txt validator also gives you the ability to validate generated robots.txt code or URL. The tool is divided into two sections:
– Generate robots file and validate.
– Fetch robots.txt by URL and validate.
The robots exclusion protocol (robots.txt) is used by web robots to communicate with a website. The file tells a robot which section of a website to crawl or which section to not. The crawlers or robots who are involved in spamming may not respect robots.txt file.
The file uses a protocol named Robots Exclusion Standard. The protocol follows a set of commands that are readable by the bots visiting your website. There are some points to keep in mind:
– If you have disallowed a directory, the bots won’t index or crawl the data unless they find the data from another source on the web.
– The bots interpret syntax differently, for example, if you are setting the user agents in the start like:
User-agent: * Disallow: /
Then there is no need to disallow robots separately again.
– The file is directive only. Some bots may not honor the file.
How to create a robots.txt?
– The file kind of acts like a sitemap to tell the robots which portion to crawl and which not.
Use our tool to generate robots.txt code for your website and upload the file to your website’s root directory. The robots.txt file should be accessible from “http://www.yourdomain.com/robots.txt”.
What does a normal robots file look like?
A normal or you might say “default” robots.text is like:
But you can create an advance file with our robots.txt generator.
Advantages of Robots.txt?
1. Low bandwidth usage as you are restricting spiders just to crawl particular sections of a website.
2. People won’t be able to see the stuff when visiting your site via search engines.
3. Preventing spam.
How to add a robots.txt file on your website?
1. Select options above
2. Create a text file named “robots.”
3. Copy the contents of the text area and paste into your text file
4. Don’t forget to validate your robot code
5. Add the file to your root directory e-g, http://www.visiospark.com/robots.txt
Also, try our broken link checker tool.