Free Password Encryption Tool
Tool Details and User Instructions
Achieving data security through encryption is a most efficient way. This online password encryption tool can encrypt your password or string into best encryption algorithms.
There are 2 types of encryption:
1. Public key encryption
2. Symmetric key encryption
Public key encryption was first introduced in 1973. In this scheme, the key is accessible for anyone to encrypt, but the decryption key is only available to the receiving party. On the other hand, the encryption and decryption keys are the same in symmetric-key schemes.
Types of Encryption that this free online password encryption tool provide are:
– DES (Data Encryption Standard was developed by Horst Feistel at IBM. The algorithm transforms a fixed length of string into a cipher text made up by complicated operations)
– MD5 (Better than the DES as the message-digest algorithm generates a 128-bit hash value)
– sha1, sha224, sha256, sha384, sha512 (Produce a 20-byte (160-bit) hash value and created by NSA)
– ripemd (128, 160, 256, 320) (Created by a German cryptographer Hans Dobbertin in 1996. It has four digests sizes 128, 160, 256, and 320 bits.)
– whirlpool (A 512-bit hash value generator designed by Vincent Rijmen and Paulo Barreto. The algorithm is certified by New European Schemes for Signatures, Integrity, and Encryption)
– snefru, snefru256 (Ralph Markle’s designed a 128-bit and 256-bit hash value supported algorithm)
– gost (A 256-bits hash value algorithm developed by USSR and FAPSI)
– crc32, crc32b
– fnv132, fnv164 (Designed by Austin Appleby and does not use a cryptographic hash function as SHA-1 and MD5 uses)
– joaat (Also a non-cryptographic function like fnv by Bob Jenkins)
– haval128,3 (The algorithm which can generate a hash value of 128 to 256 bits with 3 to 5 number rounds. The use of 128-bits with the 3 number round is questionable because there is some weakness in the output)
How to us Password Encryption Tool:
1. Enter your URL in the given text field.
2. Click Submit to Encrypt your data. After encryption process is completed, results are shown in a table.